Working towards a greener environment
Here at the Art Deco Masonic Hotel we are committed to working towards a greener environment. As a locally owned business we care greatly about the environment we are a part of and take care to be a responsible member of the community.
Below are a number of initiatives and business practices we have in place to achieve this.
- Where possible energy efficient LED lighting has been installed throughout the building.
- All detergents used in the building have the Environmental Choice New Zealand tick of approval.
- None of the amenities in guest rooms have been tested on animals.
- Over 50% of all waste in our building is recycled.
- Recycling bins are provided in all guest rooms.
- Local food and beverage suppliers are used where possible.
- All appliances in the hotel are Energy Star rated.
- A preventative maintenance programme is in place meaning regular checks are done to ensure energy and water equipment is working efficiently.
- A linen and towel reuse programme is operated which includes signage in all guest rooms and housekeeper training. This is tracked on a daily basis.
- Over 90% of all toilets in the building are water efficient.
- All air conditioning is centrally controlled to save on power and energy.
- All staff are educated about our green practices.
- The hotel has been awarded Silver Level in the 2016 Trip Advisor Green Leaders programme.
We are constantly looking for ways to achieve a greener environment.