Website Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") which govern your use of the Art Deco Masonic Hotel web site (“Web Site.”)
"We", Napier Hotels Limited, trading as Art Deco Masonic Hotel, is a New Zealand owned and operated business.
We reserve the right to vary these Terms and Conditions from time to time. It is your responsibility to regularly review these Consumer Terms and Conditions to keep up to date with any changes to them.
contact art deco masonic hotel
The address is 2 Tennyson Street, Napier 4110. For any enquiries either phone us on +64 6 835 8689 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Purchasing Gift Vouchers
The Web Site offers gift vouchers for sale ("Gift Voucher").
No contract for the sale of any Gift Voucher will subsist between you and Art Deco Masonic Hotel unless and until Art Deco Masonic Hotel accepts your order by way of an email detailing that payment has been received in full, the content of the Gift Voucher purchased and confirming your details (the "Confirmation"). That acceptance will be deemed complete and will be deemed for all purposes to have been effectively communicated to you at the time Art Deco Masonic Hotel sends the Confirmation to you (whether or not you receive that Confirmation).
You must check that the details of the Confirmation are correct as soon as possible and you should print out and keep a copy of it.
Payment shall be taken on our behalf by Stripe. Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry. In addition to receiving the most stringent certification Stripe uses Encrypted Data and Communication using PGP keys for safe communication and Stripe complies with the legal regulations for payment platforms regarding Money Transmitter Licenses.
You undertake that all details you provide to Art Deco Masonic Hotel for the purpose of ordering Gift Voucher are correct, that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the Gift Voucher ordered.
Issuing Gift Vouchers
Each Gift Voucher sold is subject to terms and conditions of use which can be viewed on the Web Site alongside each individual Gift Voucher.
Complaints Procedure and Returns
Please remember that the terms and conditions which will apply to each Gift Voucher will be individual to each Gift Voucher and can be viewed on the Web Site alongside each individual Gift Voucher. Our policy on cancellations or refunds will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of each individual Gift Voucher.
All Gift Vouchers are non-refundable and non-transferable unless otherwise agreed by us ad must be redeemed on or before the Expiry Date.
All specific arrangements regarding dates and times for accommodation or restaurant bookings must be made directly with us, and we recommend that you reconfirm any arrangements made with us a few days before the event to avoid disappointment. We will use all reasonable endeavours to meet your request but cannot guarantee any specific date or time.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions or any additional terms and conditions applicable to a Gift Voucher alter or affect your statutory rights.
YOUR PRIVACY AND SECURITY
Details provided on this website (except Credit Card details) will be kept on file in our system. Systems are in place to ensure your privacy is protected from unauthorised access and improper use.
The customer acknowledges that Art Deco Masonic Hotel will provide its employees and/or agents with the customer's personal information to enable Art Deco Masonic Hotel to deliver products to or on behalf of the customer.
Any information we collect will not be shared with other organisations for commercial purposes.
sending you emails
We may send emails to you to keep you informed of news, exclusive offers, particularly limited offers or offers or information which we think may be of particular interest to you.
Under the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007, you must have consented to receiving commercial emails. Consent can be explicit, inferred or deemed. From newsletter registration or purchases online, or received correspondence, we infer that we have your consent to continue sending emails from time to time. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time, either by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of an email you have received form us or by sending us an email . Upon receipt of this advice we will remove your email address from the mailing list used by us for such offers.
SITE CONTENT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All intellectual property rights in this site are owned by Art Deco Masonic Hotel.
Copying or reproduction of any of the site Art Deco Masonic Hotel Limited. Contact us here to request permission.
All information provided on our website is presented in good faith. Where we have included links to other websites, it is for your convenience and interest. We cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of websites linked to or from this site.
This site is controlled and operated from New Zealand and is subject to the laws of New Zealand. You are responsible for ensuring that your access to this site is not illegal or prohibited and for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the materials in this site in violation of New Zealand laws and regulations.
booking terms and conditions
These are the terms and conditions that apply when you book a room at expressotel using one of our digital channels (such as our website, mobile site or app).
You will be asked to confirm your acceptance of these terms and conditions when you make a booking.
We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and you should therefore check them each time you make a booking. The terms and conditions applying to your booking will be those in place on the date that you make your booking.
Additional terms may apply to your use of our digital channels whether or not you make a reservation through them. These are published on the relevant digital channel.
To book your room please follow the instructions on the website, mobile site or app (as applicable).
- You must be at least 18 years old to make a booking.
- You may book up to 4 rooms at Art Deco Masonic Hotel for stays during the same period.
- Please check that the details of your booking are complete and accurate before you confirm your booking. We will not be liable for any delay or non-performance if you provide us with incorrect information.
- We will confirm our acceptance of your booking by sending you an email to the email address that you provide during the booking process. The contract between us for the provision of your room and any additional services added to your booking will be formed when you receive this email confirmation from us.
- If you think that there is a mistake in your booking or if you require any changes to a confirmed booking, please contact us to discuss.
Room Prices and Payment
- Art Deco Masonic Hotel adopts dynamic pricing and the price of our rooms fluctuates based on demand.
- Room prices are per room, per night and are inclusive of gst at the applicable rate at the time of your booking.
- Meals and other extras are not included in the room price but you may be able to add them during the booking process or they may be available to you during your stay.
- Unless payment has already been made, payment for your room and any extras you have selected during the booking process will be taken at check-in.
- Payment may be made by Visa and MasterCard. We do not accept cash or cheques.
- The maximum room occupancy is 2 persons unless indicated otherwise at the time of booking in an applicable room. You must not exceed the maximum room occupancy.
- Children under 16 are not permitted to stay in an Art Deco Masonic Hotel room unless a parent or guardian is also staying in the hotel.
At Art Deco Masonic Hotel we take the needs and equal treatment of all our guests extremely seriously and are committed to ensuring that our facilities and services are accessible to all. Notwithstanding this, Art Deco Masonic Hotel recognises that there is no single hotel design or layout that will entirely meet all individuals' needs and preferences. If during your stay you feel there is something we could do to assist you, or make your stay more comfortable, please contact reception. We have a number of special access rooms available.
Your Right to Cancel
For your peace of mind if you have booked with us directly no cancellation charges will apply. Credit card details are taken at the time of booking to guarantee your room. Should you wish to modify or cancel your booking, please provide at least 48 hours notice prior to arrival to avoid cancellation charges. If your booking is cancelled with less than 48 hours notice, or you do not check in the first nights room rate will be charged to the credit card provided.
If you decide to shorten your stay you must inform reception by 11 am on the day you wish to check out. Otherwise you will be charged a cancellation charge equivalent to one night’s accommodation per room booked and the cost of any breakfast booked for the following day.
Events Outside of Our Control
We may also cancel your booking at Art Deco Masonic Hotel if an event outside of our control (including COVID level changes, industrial action, explosion, fire, flooding, and failure of power and/or water supplies or emergency evacuation) means that we are unable to make your room available to you. In this case we will contact you to let you know as soon as possible and we will refund the monies you have paid in respect of your booking.
Save as set out above, we will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations that is caused by an event outside of our control.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
Arrival and Departure
- Rooms are available from 2pm on the arrival date. Please let the hotel know if you are likely to arrive after 9pm. Full payment for your room is taken on arrival. If you require a guaranteed early check in, please phone or email us to arrange this. An additional charge may apply.Hotel reception is open between 2pm and 9pm daily.
- Guests will be asked to provide proof of identity and will be asked to complete a registration form if not provided at the time of booking on line.
Checkout: Checkout time for hotel guests is up to 10am.
Our expectations of you
Please do not:
- smoke anywhere inside any of the Art Deco Masonic Hotel premises. This includes the smoking of e-cigarettes. Permitted smoking areas will be identified on site. Smoking on Art Deco Masonic Hotel premises outside of the designated smoking area will result in a $100 fine;
- bring any pets onto Art Deco Masonic Hotel premises, with the exception of assistance dogs;
- bring any potentially dangerous or hazardous materials or equipment onto Art Deco Masonic Hotel premises;
- use any electrical appliances that may set off the fire alarm system, such as toasters, mini cookers or portable grills;
- tamper with any fire alarms or emergency equipment;
- remove, damage or destroy any Art Deco Masonic Hotel property;
- use any of the technology provided by Art Deco Masonic Hotel to download or access any unlawful or obscene material; or
- cause unreasonable disturbance to our other guests or any Art Deco Masonic Hotel staff.
If you or other members of your group cause damage or loss of any kind to the hotel, other guests or their property, you (as the person making the booking) will be responsible for that damage or loss and you shall be liable to pay to Art Deco Masonic Hotel on demand the amount required to make good or remedy such damage or loss.
You and the members of your group must not resell or transfer your booking (or any part of it) nor advertise, market or otherwise offer any Art Deco Masonic Hotel room for sale either on its own or as part of a combined offer. Art Deco Masonic Hotel will not honour any bookings made in this way and does not accept any liability for doing so. Art Deco Masonic Hotel cannot accept bookings from tour operators. If you are a tour operator and wish instead to book rooms at Art Deco Masonic Hotel please contact email@example.com
If you or any member of your group cause damage to the hotel, other guests or their property, or otherwise breach any of these terms and conditions, Art Deco Masonic Hotel reserves the right to:
- cancel your booking with immediate effect and (if appropriate) eject you from Art Deco Masonic Hotel premises;
- retain all sums paid by you and/or charge you the full amount of your booking; and/or
- refuse future bookings from you and/or refuse you entry or accommodation at any of our hotels.
Art Deco Masonic Hotel will not be liable for any refund or compensation in such circumstances.
This contract formed when we confirm your booking is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
If you are a non-business customer you have certain rights under consumer protection legislation. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to affect those rights.
We do not accept liability for failure to meet any of our obligations where such failure is due to events beyond our reasonable control.
If we breach these terms and conditions for reasons within our control we shall only be liable for losses that are direct losses and a reasonably foreseeable consequence of such breach.
We shall not be liable whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or for breach of statutory duty, or in any other way, for any indirect or consequential losses including:
- loss of income, sales or revenue;
- loss of business;
- business interruption;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of reputation and/or goodwill; or
- wasted management or office time.
Where we are liable to you (save as prohibited by applicable law) our maximum liability to you whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or for breach of statutory duty shall in no event exceed the price of your booking unless the Hotel Proprietor's Act applies, in which case our liability will be limited to the maximum prescribed under that Act.