We're always on the look out for the right kind of people to join our team here at Art Deco Masonic Hotel, our restaurant and bars. If you'd like to work with us and think you've got what it takes please email email@example.com attaching your CV.
Current Job Opportunities
Senior Chef, The Rose Irish Pub - Full Time
If you're passionate about food and would like to join a fantastic team in beautiful Napier, this could be the role you've been looking for....
Located right in the heart of Napier, The Rose is a Napier institution and is part of the Art Deco Masonic Hotel. With a reputation as being a friendly Irish pub it has loads of character and is a great place to meet your friends, start your night out or linger over a meal matched with our great range of beers and fine selection of wines. The menu is a relaxed and well-priced Kiwi-Irish fusion, and the pub attracts a broad crowd young and young at heart, locals and tourists, families, kiwis and international visitors.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, we now need a strong Chef to join our team (full time) to assist us with preparing and delivering great pub food in a busy kitchen. To be successful in this role you will need to be an experienced Chef (3+ years' experience) that can lead by example. You will have a passion for food and your craft and you will have the ability to lead a team in a fast paced environment whilst coping with the pressures of a very busy kitchen! Your communication skills will be second to none and you will be committed to delivering excellence each and every day!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and cooking of food
- Monitoring the quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation
- Discussing food preparation issues with the Executive Chef and kitchen/waiting staff
- Ensuring that all hygiene regulations are met
- Assisting with the smooth and efficient running of a busy kitchen
- Leading and working as part of a team to deliver superb quality food
- Ensuring an exceptional experience for our guests at all times
To be successful for this position you must have the following skills/attributes:
- A minimum of 3+ years' experience as a Chef
- PASSION for our industry
- A good work ethic with a proven track record.
- Be honest and Reliable
- Be able to cope under pressure
- The ability to work weekends
This is a fantastic role for Chef wanting to join a progressive business with serious ambitions for the future! For the right candidate we offer hotel and food and beverage discounts and career progression opportunities. If you are confident that you can be all of the above and more then please apply online today!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. APPLY NOW